Tuesday, July 26, 2005

A Very "Special" Kind of Loyalty ?

There are some on the Left who claim to be "patriotic in a different way" ;who bristle angrily at the thought someone might dare to question their loyalty,or their unswerving devotion to our troops.

These are the same folks who pen articles-for international distribution- with titles like :

Let’s Bring Our Troops Home Before They Learn to Love Killing Too Much ;


The delightful:


Don’t Support the Murderous US Imperialist Troops


and the beloved:


We Support Our Troops When They Kill Their Officers.


I have a very special song I’d like to dedicate to these " true patriots" .


ALWAYS LOYAL IN MY PECULIAR FASHION
(With apologies to Cole Porter and his 1948 musical- "Kiss Me Kate")

When I see our Nation’s flag
It just makes me want to gag –
‘Cause I hate that filthy rag
That’s on display –
Oh, I’m always loyal
In my peculiar fashion
To my vision of
A Leftist USA.




Let me wave a banner bold
Scarlet red all trimmed in gold-
With a fist all clenched to strike
The trembling Foe-
Oh, I’m always loyal
In my peculiar fashion
To my vision of
A Leftist USA .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home