Sunday, July 24, 2005

(Virtual) Cracker Barrel Wisdom

A reluctant glance in the mirror tells me my "pecs" have turned into drecks; my "abs" into flabs.

"Hair today – gone tomorrow" is no longer a joke.

I am - unequivocally and indisputably – an Old Geezer ; and, as such, am entitled to impart Cracker Barrel Wisdom.

I see some of you young whelps are looking a mite puzzled , so I’ll explain.

Back in the olden days,they used to have something called "General Stores",and old-timers would sit around a pot-bellied stove, and dip into a big barrel of crackers while they swapped information,advice, and ideas.

Yes. I know it sounds weird. Just think " Wireless 19 th Century Message Board – What-you-see-is-what-you-get Format ".

Okay: now that we’ve got all that straightened out, I was watching TV last night, and it seems some of our Congress people are getting all hot and bothered over this John Roberts the President nominated for Supreme Court.

All kinds of labels are flying around : right wing, religious right,right wing extremist, and so forth.

I suppose some folks find these labels useful, but it seems odd I almost never hear any mention of "left wing, anti-religious left,or left wing extremist" – even though there are a lot of folks in politics who seem to fit such descriptions.

In today’s political climate,just mentioning this oddity seems to earn you a label: right wing reactionary , neo-con , neo-nazi, or worse.

It is "hurtful", "divisive", "petty", "mean-spirited", and "intolerant" to point out the existence of a powerful ,heavily funded ,radical left wing – even though that radical left wing is openly dedicated to making itself the only voice in American politics.

Humph ! Listen to the old geezer rant !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home