Saturday, October 01, 2005

“Inconceivable” was Unpardonable


In an effort to placate my wife – who insists : “ You never want to watch the shows I watch !” – I watched the new drama (or whatever it is) called “ Inconceivable”.


The setting is an upscale, cutting-edge fertility clinic ; and the viewer is introduced to surrogate mothers who change their minds (thankfully before impregnation) , couples seeking eugenically superior “designer babies” , and a clinic worker who is surreptitiously changing the label on a specimen.


There is a lawsuit – filed by a couple who are unhappy with the baby the clinic “designed” for them. (Could this be related to the clinic worker who is switching labels ? Hmmmmmmmmm….)


There is a gay couple with an infant – presumably acquired from a surrogate mother. One partner works in the clinic. The other is the “maternal” one ; and the issue is finding a reliable source of breast milk for the infant. ( A helpful,heart-of-gold-but-nothing-to-look-at clinic worker finds an answer of sorts – artificial udders – on e Bay.)


There is Angie Harmon – of “Law and Order” fame – who pauses from time to time with a deer-in-the-headlights look , as if to say : “ I can’t believe I let my agent talk me into this role !”


Let’s see: what else ? Oh. Everybody has ISSUES – an absolute requirement for a TV show aimed at a carefully targeted upscale feminine audience that is sure to look at the cosmetic and feminine hygiene commercials supporting this …whatever it is.


Oh yeah. I almost forgot to tell you : About 40 minutes into the program,
my wife exercised her “right to choose” by handing me the remote and announcing : “ That’s it ! I’m going to bed !! “


As she headed up the stairs , she paused to snarl : “ Why do you watch programs like this ? “

3 Comments:

Blogger raysmond said...

The End of Zeptember
"Off Topic" posted this last night: I don't know a lot about "blogs" - but this is NOT a blog.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a pilates site. It pretty much
covers pilates related stuff.

Come and check it out when you get time :-)

Saturday, 01 October, 2005  
Blogger seseks said...

Great Blog! Ilike it.But here you can find woman looking for sexTake a look if you have a minute. Thanks and have a good one!

Monday, 10 October, 2005  
Blogger woman looking sex said...

Great Blog! Ilike it.I have Site where you can Find sex partnerTake a look if you have a minute. Thanks and have a good one!

Wednesday, 12 October, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home