Sunday, October 16, 2005

One for Each Hand


It’s funny the things you half-forget about your children – but are reminded of as new generations come along.


We had a get together today : my wife and I, our five children, seven grandchildren, and one great-grandson – two year-old Nicholas - who is fond of cookies.


Nicholas wanted a cookie for each hand , but seemed unsatisfied when he got his wish . Then I remembered: the correct “ one for each hand “ formula is : one cookie to nibble on –and then – one for each hand.


It’s the same formula his Great-Aunt Marianne “required” at the same age ; and, for a few moments, I was awash in memories – and regrets.


I’ve always wished I could have shared more of my children’s “growing-up” years – but you can’t always do what your heart tells you is right ;and like most parents , I had to settle for doing what I could.


We can’t always have “one for each hand” and one to nibble on.

1 Comments:

Blogger kyle phillup said...

Blog search engine Sphere targets relevance as key differentiator
Fellow "former VC who returned to the bright side" Tony Conrad kindly gave me a preview of Sphere , ex-Yodel Search, at the Web 2.0 conference, and re-kindly gave me access to the beta version of this new blog ...
taking care of a blog is like taking care of a dog. Always moving around, changing, attracting attention, getting dirty... I must say you do a fine job of maintaining this blog. It's very good and I'm learning a lot from you. Thanks.

please don't stop the great work you're doing.
my friends website is just starting > Dog Houses (nothing special really... might be good if you like dogs)


Good work! see ya.

Sunday, 16 October, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home