Tuesday, May 23, 2006

THE OLD SOLDIER

Verse 1

As I walked ,long ago
Through the Valley of Shadows –
So cold, and alone in my fear,
Oh, I heard a voice call me:
“Come walk in green pastures –
Be not afraid, I am here.”

(Chorus)

Reach out your hand to Me
Come and meet me half-way –ay
Fear not the terror that walks at night
Or the arrow that flieth by day.


Verse 2


In the air, all around me
The bullets were howling-
All around me my brave comrades died;
But I reached out my hand
For the hand of my Shepherd
And we walked through that storm
Side by side.

(Chorus)

Reach out your hand to Me
Come and meet me half-way –ay
Fear not the terror that walks at night
Or the arrow that flieth by day.





Verse 3


Many years have gone by
Since I walked through that Valley-
I am old and my time ‘s drawing near;
Soon my Shepherd will call me
To eternal Green Pastures
And I’ll run to His side
Without fear.


(Chorus)


Reach out your hand to Me
Come and meet me half-way –ay
Fear not the terror that walks at night
Or the arrow that flieth by day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home