Thursday, July 20, 2006

Golden Wedding Day

50 years ago, my wife and I got married. I’m sure she remembers the details perfectly : who wore what,and what the flowers were, and who said what afterwards.

I mostly remember we were both so nervous we were shaking ; but,after a few minutes, we settled down enough to get through the ceremony ;and the reception,and the honeymoon, and all the joys and sorrows of marriage.

Sunday, just for the heck of it, we’re going to “renew our vows”.
(It’s one of those romantic “girly things”, I guess. You’re supposed to tell ‘em you still love ‘em-in case they haven’t figured that out by now.)


(Am I going to have to put up with this vow business every 50 years ?)

Oh well: Happy Golden Anniversary, honey – and yes, I do love you !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home